What's Happening In Oswego

Kamp Siesta RV Park
Rates now $15 per night!

Christmas Parade
"It's a Wonderful Life"
December 7th, 7:00pm
Chili Feed 5:30 - 7:00pm
at the 1st Baptist Church
Santa & Mrs. Claus after
the parade at City Hall

Events Calendar
December 2016
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620/795-4433
Fax: 620/795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Content View Hits : 630003


Christmas Deer Giveaway

Christmas is right around the corner! The City guys are making another set of deer to give away. Diane Bently won these last year. Everyone that has paid their city bill by the due date (Dec.12th) will be automatically entered in the drawing. The names will be drawn on Dec.14th. So if you would like to win the deer just make sure your payment has been received by the 12th.


Park Christmas Displays

The Chamber is sponsoring a contest for displays at Riverside Park this year! If you, your business, or organization is interested in having a display in the park a work day has been scheduled for Nov. 30th from 9am-4pm.  City crews will be available to help with placement and electricity. If you are unable to make it that day please call the City at 795-4433 to make an appointment for the 28th or 29th from 9am-4pm. Those setting up a display are responsible for their own electric cords and photo eyes.  There will be three 1st prizes for $50 each. Businesses and organizations will have 2 categories– Fantasy or Religious with a 1st prize in each category. Individuals can also participate for a 1st place prize which can be any theme. 


LMI Surveys

The winners of the $250 utility credit drawing are Phyllis Cosby and Margel Feland! Thanks to everyone who turned in their surveys. If you haven't turned in the LMI survey that was included in last month's utility bills please do so as soon as possible. This survey will help the city become eligible for future grants. If you no longer have the survey you may come to the City Office and get a replacement survey and envelope. If the required percentage of responses is not achieved soon, the city will go door-to-door until that percentage is reached.


Parks & Community Foundation Fundraiser

The Oswego Parks and Community Foundation is raising funds to replace the West Shelter at Riverside Park. Plans are to replace the existing shelter with one that is closer in style to the other shelters in the park. The State Historical Society has approved of these plans.

Read more...


Property For Sale

RECENTLY REDUCED ! - The City of Oswego is offering for sale approximately 37 acres at 2332 11500 Rd. A horsebarn with 8 stalls, tackroom, bathroom and hay loft are included. A pecan grove consisting of approximately 50 pecan trees are also located on the property. The property is located in the city limits and is zoned Rural Residential which means acceptable farm animals are allowed. Asking price has been reduced from $160,000 to $132,500.  Interested parties may contact Janice Dulohery at Coldwell Banker Wood-Dulohery at 620-423-9252.

Read more...



Oswego, the Labette County seat, is located at the intersection of Highways 59/160, on a bluff overlooking the Neosho River Valley.  Oswego was fortunate that a group of pioneer ladies had a vision, and purchased acreage along the bluff that is now Historical Riverside Park, our hidden gem.  Over 80 acres of beautifully landscaped park includes a large public swimming pool, playground equipment, shelter houses, 10,000 s.f. community center, tennis courts, basketball court, RV park, ball fields, and home of the Labette County Fairgrounds. It is the perfect location for family reunions, weddings, company events and picnics, and other organized events.

Read more...

Historical Riverside Park
City Code Book and City Fees


Fees and amounts the city charges. These are the most common fees. Other or additional fees may apply.

FYI and Hot Topics

Volunteer Firefighter

REPORT - For Year 2015


Upcoming Events & Holidays

Click here for a list of Upcoming Events going on in the community and surrounding area. For a list of Community Meetings check out the City Calendar.

Check here for a list of holidays the City is closed and how it will affect your utility service.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at  


Joomla extensions by Siteground Hosting