The City of Oswego is fortunate to have citizens who are willing to participate in the direction and improvement of the city by serving on a board or committee.  Most committees are established by City Ordinance with a certain number of board members that serve for limited terms, usually three or four years. When a board member’s term is up the Mayor appoints members to fill the vacancy.

If you would be interested in serving on one of the following committees please fill out the Committee Volunteer Form and submit it to the City Office at 703 Fifth Street or mail to PO Box 210, Oswego, KS. This form will let the Mayor know of your interest in serving on a committee and provides contact information in the event you are appointed a Board Member. Please note that appointments are made only when there is a vacancy. 


Five Members, Meets 4th Tuesday, 3 Yr Term
The Airport Board was created for the purpose of advising the City Council on matters relating to the development, maintenance and operation of the airport and to promote aviation and use
of the airport for special events.

OEDC (Oswego Economic Development Committee)
Last Thursday of the month
The OEDC prepares comprehensive strategic planning and prepares and submits policies to encourage growth of business and industry within the community.

Seven Members, Meets 1st Monday, 4 yr Term
The Library Board employs a librarian and other employees, adopts rules and regulations for administration of the library, acquires books, magazines, pictures and other material and equipment for the maintenance of the library. 

Five Members, Meets 3rd Monday, 3 yr Term
The Planning and Zoning Commission prepares, adopts and maintains zoning and subdivision regulations on all land within the city. The commission prepares comprehensive strategic
planning and advises the governing body on the rules and regulations controlling and restricting the use of land, location of buildings and structures, regulating the density of development and
dividing the city into zoning districts.

Five Members, 1st week of every other month, 3 yr Term
The Tree Board prepares and develops a plan for the care, preservation, pruning, planting, replanting or removal of trees and shrubs in parks and along streets and other public areas.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at