The Oswego Fire Department is made up of approximately 20 volunteers who are extremely committed to providing superior fire protection to Oswego and four townships:  Oswego, Montana, and portions of Fairview and Liberty Townships. 

The department is led by Fire Chief Jon Eck, Assistant Chief- Kenny Eck, Co-Captains are Jake Hine and Justin Strickland. 

EARLY WARNING SYSTEM:  For information on storm shelters see the Severe Weather Information Page.

  • Tornado Warning - Alert    A three (3) minute solid siren sound.
  •  Public Announcement - Broadcasted Message.

There is no longer a signal for a Tornado "Watch" or Fire Siren.The warning system is designed to alert persons outside, not persons driving a motor vehicle or who are inside their homes. The sirens will be sounded at the earliest time possible at the event of a Tornado Warning. The Siren is tested around noon every Monday weather permitting.

If you have any questions contact the City of Oswego at 795-4433 or the Oswego Police Department at 795-2131. If your group or organization is interested in having someone speak to your group about the Early Warning System, contact the Oswego Chief of Police, Jake Bond or the Fire Chief, Jon Eck.


Citizens who would like to burn leaves or brush need to contact the City or County to see if a Burning Ban is in effect. If no ban is in effect the city does have a Burn Policy that prohibits
burning within the city except for periods in the spring or fall for the burning of leaves. Burning of trash or garbage is NOT permitted in the city.  Small limbs that are broken up to be burned with leaves or placed in a fire pit are also permitted.  No brush piles should be burned without permission from the Fire Chief. Violations of the Burn Policy could result in fines or even worse a destructive fire so please make sure you are familiar with the policy before you decide to burn.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at