What's Happening In Oswego

Vetern's Day






Christmas Parade

December 1st


Entry Form



CLOSED 24th-27th



Events Calendar

December 2021
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620-795-4433
Fax: 620-795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Articles View Hits


Latest News Items


Labette County Emergency Management is working with cities within the county to adopt a unified siren policy.
This would enable citizens who may be in a nearby city shopping or visting with friends and family to know what
they need to do when they hear a siren. The City of Oswego agreed at the March Council Meeting to adopt this policy.

This policy will eliminate all sirens previously used in Oswego except for the Tornado Warning. The Tornado Watch,
All Clear and Fire Sirens will no longer be sounded so that citizens will know if you hear a siren other than during the
regular testing time you NEED TO TAKE COVER! In addition Oswego will begin using the TORNADO SIREN during their
regular TESTING time. In the past the siren tone that was tested was the fire siren. Testing is done every Monday
around noon, however, this testing is done only when the weather is clear.

The City of Oswego plans to mail citizens a flyer in with the April utility bills which will have this information as well as
other details about where you can find a public shelter if you are away from your home, in a vehicle or feel your home is
not safe. Information about building permits for storm shelters, having an emergency plan and weather channels will
also be included. If you would like additional information check out the Severe Weather Information page.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at  http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 


Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.