Latest News Items
The City of Oswego is accepting sealed bids for a fuel system storage and delivery system at the Oswego Municipal Airport located at 11570 SW Wyandotte Road. A complete list of specifications, including bid terms and conditions are available at Oswego City Office, 703 Fifth Street or on the city’s website at www.oswegokansas.com. Questions should be directed to City Superintendent Donnie Allison. Bids will be received until Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at the City Clerk’s Office, 703 Fifth Street. Click here for Oswego KS Fuel Tank Specification Sheet
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BIDS
1.After the bids are opened, each will be carefully reviewed. The lowest and best bidder will be based upon, but not limited to, the following factors:
1. Compliance with specifications.
3. Availability of service
4. Reputation and experience
2. All bids must meet the minimum specifications. If bids are not received by the time and date specified in the bid notice, they will not be considered.
3. To guarantee that consideration will be given to specific items included in a bid which are above or below the minimum specifications, bidders should explain such items in writing on an attachment to the Bid Proposal Form indicating an option to the original specifications.
4. Questions regarding the minimum specifications should be resolved prior to the bid opening. Please direct questions to the appropriate contact person listed in the Bid Specifications.
5. Bidders should verify bids before submission, as they cannot be withdrawn or corrected after opening.
6. All bids must be signed with the firm name by a responsible officer and a phone number noted. Obligations assumed by such signature must be fulfilled.
7. The city is exempt from Federal Excise Tax and State Sales Tax where applicable, and will issue the appropriate sales tax exemption form prior to the project start date.
8. The City of Oswego reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive irregularities and informalities in any bid submitted.
9. Payment to the selected bidder shall be through the city’s normal accounts payable methods (statement must be received by the 1st of the month to be processed and approved for payment by the Governing Body), unless special arrangements are made at the time of bid award.
10. Please provide four references of similar type work. Provide the complete company name, contact person, phone number(s) and address.
11. When applicable, bidder shall supply proof of liability, property damage, workers compensation and any additional insurance required by the laws of the State of Kansas, prior to awarding of a contract. The city will not enter into a contract with any contractor without proof of all applicable insurances. Any subcontractors used must also comply with these insurance requirements.
12. All bidders will be expected to meet the minimum safety requirements as set out in the city’s safety policies and/or OSHA requirements. The city takes safety measures seriously and requires all selected bidders to do the same.
13. When applicable, in the case of demolitions, the contractor will be responsible for ensuring that all utilities have been disconnected and/or abandoned from the home before demolition begins.