What's Happening In Oswego

Vetern's Day






Christmas Parade

December 1st


Entry Form



CLOSED 24th-27th



Events Calendar

December 2021
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620-795-4433
Fax: 620-795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Articles View Hits


Latest News Items

Facade Grant Program

The City of Oswego and Oswego Chamber of Commerce have partnered to establish a program to assist business owners with improvements to their storefronts.  In 2017 Oswego kicked off a "Downtown Facade Improvement Program" to coincide with its 150th birthday. The committee met recently to make plans to begin taking applications for 2018. This year any business in the city limits that has a commercial building will be eligible to apply for the grant program which requires a 50/50 match. Applications will be received March 1st through June 1st, 2018 and will be considered on a point system. 

Although any business owners are eligible to apply certain criteria will score higher such as if the business owner is a Chamber member, the type of improvement, whether it is a viable business, amount of sales tax the business generates, consumer traffic and the location. The committee will score the applications and notify the recipients by June 15th. The minimum grant match is $500 and the maximum is $1,500 unless the building is a corner lot. The work must be done between March 1, and December 31, 2018.

For more details on the amount of grant funds, the type of improvments allowed and a copy of the application you can pick up a copy at the City Office or download a copy here.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at  http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 


Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.