What's Happening In Oswego

Vetern's Day






Christmas Parade

December 1st


Entry Form



CLOSED 24th-27th



Events Calendar

November 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620-795-4433
Fax: 620-795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Articles View Hits


February, 2015 Newsletter

Feb2015newsletterimageFor Individuals who have not been in at-tendance at the Council meetings for the past several months, we would like to offer information on the recent utility increases. Many factors have come into play that ne-cessitated the change in rates. The Govern-ing Body commissioned Ranson Financial to conduct rate studies on the water and sewer utilities and worked with them for months while struggling with the decision to increase rates. The water, sewer and re-fuse utilities had been right around breaking even – before 2014. In 2014, we saw all three funds end out the year with a loss. No one on the Governing Body wanted to raise rates. Unfortunately, they were faced with hard figures that necessitated that decision.

The last increase to the refuse rates was in 2006. Each year the transfer station has increased its fees to us by 3%. The last in-crease to the water and sewer rates was in 2011. EPA regulations have required sever-al changes in the operation of water treat-ment plants, especially in the treatment of surface water. Our source of water is the Neosho River and it falls in the category of surface water. Generally the cost of treating surface water is two to three times higher than ground water. Surface water requires several chemicals to remove turbidity and the cost of these chemicals has increased. Surface water requires more monitoring according to EPA regulations. Read More

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at  http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 


Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.