This service is provided every year the week immediately following the Spring City Wide Garage Sale. Although there is also a Fall City Wide Garage Sale there is not always a clean up week following that event.You can check the website, Face Book or newspaper for information as to whether there will be a clean up week in the fall.
The City crews begin on one side of town and go up and down the streets until they have covered the entire town one complete time. Please Note: They will not make any additional trips.This means items must be to the curb by 7:00am on Monday. Crews WILL pick up hazardous waste but it must be sorted. If you miss getting those items out during clean up week you will need to take it to the County Barn. Please see additional information below about how to sort your items and the address for the County Barn.
If you miss getting your items out Monday please be sure to call the City Office to arrange for a "Special Pick Up"on the Wednesday after Clean Up Week. Please review the new Bulk Pickup Policy about what items are included. If the items left remaininging are brush or leaves the standard fee to remove those items will be charged.
Tires will no longer be picked up for free during Clean-up Week. Tire disposal requires a $8.00 fee per tire.
Brush, leaves or items left in the yard or at the curb is a violation of the City’s Nuisance Code and will result in a letter and possible fine. Keeping your yard free of brush, leaves or other debri needs to be done on a regular basis. If you plan to pile up your yard debri and hold it from clean-up week to clean-up week you will receive a violation letter and possible fine. It costs $3.00 to pick up leaves bagged and in good condition and $5 for a small brush pile, $25 for medium, $50 for large and $75 for x-large. The City does not pick up brush or trees cut down by a contractor. It is the contractor's responsibilty to remove the debris.
HOW TO SORT YOUR REFUSE ITEMS:
- All items MUST be on the street by 7:00 am on MONDAY or they will not be picked up. NO EXCEPTIONS. Trucks will begin picking up on one side of town and go up and down streets until they have covered the entire town one complete time.
- This service is available to all Oswego Residential Refuse Customers. No items including tires from outside the community are permitted.
- All items must be separated as grouped below or they will not be picked up. Different trucks and crews pick up different items and they cannot take the time to sort them. Items the
City will be picking up during clean up week:
- Metal, including car parts
- Appliances- must have proof Freon has been removed by an authorized agent to present at landfill.
- Carpet, Furniture and Misc.Junk – (All loose items should be bagged or boxed)
- Brush, Limbs & Leaves (Leaves must be bagged and set apart from brush)
- Construction materials for home projects (Not done by a contractor)
The following items are considered HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE and will NO LONGER be picked up by the city. These must be taken to the County Barn for disposal. They can not be put in the regular trash.
- Paint and related Items, Household cleaners, Disinfectants
- Home & Garden Pesticides, Household & Car Batteries, Pool Cleaners, Auto Oils & Fluids
These "Hazardous" items may be taken to the County Barn at 1912 4th from 1:00-4:00pm on the first Thursday
of each month.